Director of Finance - This opportunity could be anywhere that Benchmark operates Hotels & Resorts.
Must be willing and able to relocate to open opportunity.
About the Management Team
The Benchmark culture embodies our philosophy. Serving as a constant reminder of the importance of working toward common goals.
Scope of this Position
- Executive level position is responsible and accountable for financial reporting to Ownership and Management Company, accounting controls, and accounting systems.
- Implement and oversee tight financial controls throughout property.
- Report financial results to owners and management in accordance with hotel Accounting Principles each month.
- Develop annual budget procedures and guidelines each year.
- Schedule and conduct annual audit.
- Direct the daily, weekly and monthly reporting process in compliance with Management and Ownership requirements.
- Develop accurate and timely forecasts including labor management along with other departments
- Direct control of costs and expenses in all areas. Task master.
- Oversee compliance of local, state and federal laws.
- Oversee risk management program, including all insurances.
- High degree of owner contact.
- Oversee financial training of all management.
- In preparing for this position, candidate ideally will have worked in at least the following departments or positions: Hotel/Resort Controller
- Requires a minimum of 5 year(s) of experience.
- Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and week-ends.
- Manage capital expenditures according to budget
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Five years experience as a hotel/resort controller overseeing multiple revenue streams in excess of $15M.
- MBA/CPA/CHAE certifications are desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to relocate.
- Solid training in all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, Inventory control, Payroll, Budgeting, Costing, P&L preparation and analysis, etc.
- Work closely with Front Office, Reservations, Sales, Spa and F&B Department to assist them in identifying optimum ways to drive revenues while balancing market segments.
- Actively involved in yield management and revenue enhancement.
- Oversee consolidation of budgets and projections.
- Assist Departments in budget preparation.
- Provide management with operational reports.
- Prepare and review daily reports. Responsible for IS/MIS function.
- Responsible for IS/MIS, Telecommunications, and purchasing.
- Identify and recommend software applications.
- Review leases, contracts, agreements, subcontracts, and licenses from accounting perspective.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Ability to conceptualize the mission.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Develop and implement business plan.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Experience making presentations in front of groups.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- A mentor who has inspired, trained, and developed people for promotion. Solid career progression up through the ranks.
- Instill a "can-do" attitude in employees. Experience training and cross-training employees.
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency.
- Specific degree in Accounting or Finance