At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have knowledge of departmental operations.
- Must have knowledge of computers and training techniques.
- Must have knowledge of business law; federal, state and local taxes; as well as Department of Labor regulations.
- Must have knowledge of insurance, employee benefits, claims and liability.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate effectively.
- Ability to exercise judgement in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and positive personality.
- Well organized.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Excellent employee relations skills.
1. Monitors and approves all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the Hotel.
2.Analyzes financial data of operations, in order to advise Management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
3. Prepares, reviews, and presents the Monthly Report of Operations.
4. Prepares forecasts and budgets as required (Annual, Revised Annual, Monthly, and/or on Corporate/Owner's requests).
5.Oversees all contracts and legal agreements, and assists Management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
6.Hires, trains and supervises Accounting Department Staff including coaching, counseling and discipline.
7. Establishes and audits all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, Hotel equipment, master keys, and personnel time records.