Director Of Finance
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the Hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Serves as a financial advisor to Hotel Management and Ownership.
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):
- General Cashier
- Accounting Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Night Auditor
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Ensure hotel is in compliance with Corporate Policies (SPI's) and governmental rules and regulations.
- Report irregularities and non-compliant situations to General Manager and Corporate Finance Leadership as required by corporate guidelines.
- Monitor performance of accounting department Associates and provide training and development as needed.
- Ensure timely completion of all Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Closely scrutinize funds transfer and cash disbursement protocols within the organization.
- Set or revise organizational policy when necessary.
- Ensure that the best interest of the Beverly Heritage Hotel and owners are protected. Seek legal advice, if deemed necessary, from the legal department of Fillmore Hospitality.
- Ensure compliance with state, city and federal taxes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual hotel budget.
- Ensure compliance with financial record retention policies.
- Administer the competitive bidding process for hotel purchases.
- Cooperate with Internal/External audits. Implement agreed upon recommendation.
- Ensure timely customer satisfaction (external and internal) on accounting related inquiries and requests.
- Oversee responsibilities of computer networking operations and computer applications within the hotel.
- Attend other departmental meetings to keep appraised of other operations and to provide outside input to enhance the department's operation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the General Manager or Corporate Finance.
Assimilate into Fillmore Hospitality/Beverly Heritage Hotel/iCARE culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of iCARE. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Beverly Heritage Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of departmental and hotel operations
- Knowledge of computers and training techniques
- Knowledge of business law, federal, state, and local taxes, as well as Department of Labor regulations
- Knowledge of insurance, Associate benefits, claims and liability
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language to communicate effectively
- Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Leadership and organizational skills (team orientation, flexible, adaptable)
- Ability to analyze large volume of complex financial information from many sources and create reports, forecasts projections
- Basic understanding of complex computerized financial systems and ability to use it including manual dexterity to operate all office machines
- Knowledge of various computer programs, such as Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Uniform Systems of Accounting
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
High School graduate or equivalent required, Four year college degree preferred
At least 3 years' experience in Finance field required
Hospitality experience required
At least 2 years' experience in direct supervision and management
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
All Associates must maintain a neat, clean, professional and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Frequency Key: Never - 0 hours; Rare - up to 1 hour; Occasional - 1-3 hours; Frequent - 3-6 Hours; Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Sitting Constan t
Climbing stairs &