Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Crescent Standards.
REPORTS TO General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline andor termination when appropriate.
2. Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the hotel.
3. Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
4. Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations.
5. Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (Annual, Revised Annual, Monthly, andor on CrescentOwners requests).
6. Oversee all contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
7. Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associates time records.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Two years experience as a controller in a full service hotel.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Brand experience preferred.
Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Can communicate well with guests.
Must be willing to pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Must have knowledge of departmental operations. Must have knowledge of computers and training techniques.
Must have knowledge of business law federal, state and local taxes as well as Department of Labor regulations.
Must have knowledge of insurance, employee benefits, insurance and workers compensation claims and liability.
Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions.