Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis role is an integral part of the finance team and for Two Roads Hospitality. We are looking for a hands on leader who is bilingual in Mandarin. This leader will supervise and directs the financial activities and safeguards of two properties, as well as, prepare all financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This role adds value and will serve as a financial advisor to Management and Ownership. You are part of the team that is empowered to provide exceptional service to the property associates and guests.Essential Functions
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries, and expenses of the hotel
- Analyze financial data of operations in order to educate and advise hotel staff and management on the value and benefits of internal controls and maintaining an efficient operation
- Assist and counsel all department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommend courses of
- action to maximize profitability
- Prepare review, and present the monthly financials and the annual forecast projections
- throughout the year and advise hotel management, corporate office, and owners of any major variances
- and their impact on the operation
- Develop and monitor internal controls to safeguard hotel assets. Maintain adequate internal control over
- revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities of the hotel and ensure accounts are maintained according to GAAP and Uniform System of Accounts
- Hire, train, and supervise Accounting Department staff including coaching, counseling, and discipline. Direct accounting staff to ensure accurate accounting and timely reporting of financial data to department heads, hotel management, corporate office, and owners in accordance with GAAP
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 4 year college degree required
- Bi-lingual in Mandarin preferred
- At least 7 years’ experience as a Director or Controller in Finance field preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management role in hospitality environment with large resort