Director of Finance
PM Hospitality Strategies
Location: US - PA - Philadelphia
We are excited to continue our growth in the Philadelphia Market. PM Hotel Group is looking for an experienced Director of Finance (Controller) to lead the Accounting department at the hotel.
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and PM Hotel Group standards.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Use the PM Hotel Group efforts for all recruiting and on-boarding activities.
• Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the hotel.
• Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
• Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations.
• Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (annual, revised annual, monthly, and/or on PM Hotel Group/owner's request).
• Oversee all contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
• Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associate time records.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have knowledge of departmental operations. Must have knowledge of computers and training techniques. Must have knowledge of business law; federal, state and local taxes; and Department of Labor regulations. Must have knowledge of insurance, employee benefits, insurance and workers’ compensation claims and liability. Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Must have the ability to communicate in English. Must communicate effectively with owners, General Managers, and associates
* Must have excellent analytical skills to resolve issues and make timely decisions
* Must be proficient in Excel
* Prefer at least 5 years experience as hotel controller or related position
* Prefer knowledge of hotel operations
* Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
* Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. May communicate at times with guests as well.
* Demonstrated strengths in organizational skills required in selecting, managing, and developing staff
* Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
* Strong team player; business and financial partner with senior management team
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
* Flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements
* Unquestioned integrity, ethical standards, and confidentiality
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate's supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an "at will" associate.