The Director of Financial Operations will oversee the Accounting department and maintain accounting standards within established policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Four years experience as a hotel/resort controller.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintain and secure assets, minimizing outstanding receivables and investments inventories.
- Prepare within conjunction with General Manager and Department Heads, all operational budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare cash flow forecast on a monthly basis.
- Oversee preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- Develop and maintain internal controls in all departments.
- Maintain all contracts, leases and other legal and financial records.
- Implement and support property operating policies and procedures.
- Operate in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and government regulations.
- Ensure property is in compliance with Management Contract.
- Assist in development of Risk Management program. Maintain insurance (general liability, property and Worker’s Compensation) programs.
- Coordinate all financial audits by outside concerns.
- Coordinate all internal financial training and development of department heads and managers.
- Function as financial advisor to Conference Center and provide on-going special project.
- Prepare periodic presentations at owner’s meetings.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by General Manager.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required both within the department and within the property’s organizational structure.
- Ensure effective solution oriented communication within the department and with other operation departments.
Inside well lit office environment. Comfortable ventilation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.apply now