Director of Finance
This position provides continuous leadership and guidance in all matters relating to the financial operation of the hotel by: providing accurate and timely financial reports to assist management decision making process, maintaining acceptable internal control procedures designed to safeguard owners/investors assets, ensures compliance with all Federal, State, Local regulations. Additional responsibilities include; staffing, training, scheduling of employees; planning organizing, directing and coordinating all department activities to ensure efficient operation.
- We are looking for an established Director of Finance with at least 5 years of experience.
- Manages/oversees the accounting department to ensure optimal efficiency of financial operations and adherence to Loews commitments to management contract
- Directs or prepare all financial reports, ledger reviews and forecasts according to the established schedule, for distribution of operational information necessary to assist management in decision-making and budget preparation processes
- Oversees preparation of, interprets and analyzes monthly financial statements and presents to management
- Monitors revenues/expenses and ensure accurate recording of information to Loews established guidelines
- Compiles financial data related to operations, investigate and critique variances from expectations to determine cause and recommend appropriate management response to insure attainment of hotels financial objectives
- Establishes and oversees /audit all internal financial controls to include purchasing, cash handling, receipts, disbursements, expendable/fixed asset inventories, payroll and employee records to insure policies are enforced according to Loews standards
- Coordinates annual internal and external audit processes
- Ensures the proper utilization, maintenance and periodic upgrading as required of all ADP systems and equipment
- Assists management in capital planning process by providing appropriate ROI information
- Coordinates the development of the annual financial plan
- Assists division and department heads in the preparation of their respective budgets
- Maintains files, pertaining to and ensuring compliance with, insurance policies, all contracts and legal agreements
- Ensures proper, timely payment of fees for licenses, permits, regulatory contracts and insurances, all taxes
- Serves as active member of Executive Committee and attends all meetings of same
- Attends various departmental meetings in order to maintain effective working relationships with operational departments and staff
- Approves as needed all purchase orders, payroll submittals, cash transfers to owners, manual checks, balance sheet and bank reconciliation's, month end journal entries, bad debt write-offs, all Loews inter-hotel and corporate billings
- Directs cash management activities to ensure the proper use and timely availability of funds
- Provides guidance on technical issues affecting departments reporting to the Credit Manager
- Conducts/oversees monthly audit of General Cashiers vault
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines accounting personnel according to Loews standards
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve same
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V