Director of Finance
Location: US - MN - Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN, US 55403
Hotel experience is required. An Assistant Director of Finance ready for the next step are encouraged to apply!
As our Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the planning, directing and management of accurate, timely and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made. This position will participate in total hotel management as a member of the Executive Committee.
What you will be doing
- Provide field support by conducting property audits, ensuring procedure enhancements, hiring and termination and replying to all questions or concerns.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual filed reporting. Organize and store all relevant reports/files including budget and forecasts. Monthly reviews of profit and lost statements, submission of weekly flash reports, roll up GM call reports and edit from submission to CEO.
- Utilize and create reports through FRx, Great Plains and Excel as needed.
- Review hotel balance sheets, monthly safe audits, monthly bank recons, capital expenditure compliance and property review checklist on property visits. Maintain and update record retention guide and policies and PCI compliance.
- Cash flow collection and light analysis for VP of Finance, process of wires, ACH's and Transfers as needed. Ensure hotel is using approved banks, credit card processing oversight and contracts for processing.
- Projects as they arise, e.g., PMS Conversions, Purchasing systems, new reporting or processes, and year-end processing. Get current closing instruction out to field, test critical accounts prior to close, e.g., depreciations, intercompany, incentive accruals.
- Perform initial review of all contracts for all hotels to test for compliance with budget and financial feasibility. Review initial submissions and assist hotels in proper submissions
- Bachelor Degree in hospitality, Finance, Accounting or Business; or equivalent experience. (College level accounting courses are required if degree is not in Accounting or Finance)
- 5 + years’ experience as a full service hotel controller or similar.
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics, Micros POS and Opera preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry and legal and contractual agreements.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills including:
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel user; hands-on ability to prepare, manipulate and reformulate spreadsheets
- Back Office
- Project management skills and experience
- Full understanding of PCI DSS
- Ability to travel (if needed) for audits and emergency coverage. (Travel time ranges from 0% to 75% in any single month)