HEI views our associates as our greatest resource, and we hire and develop the best. We have a culture of winning, we embrace change, thrive on challenge and always seek to surpass our personal bests. Defined by our unique business platform, our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever-evolving, yet stable, consistent, enduring. It is a high-performance culture where innovation and entrepreneurial spirit are evident; initiative and results are rewarded.
Our people know they're in on the ground floor of a company with all the cornerstones of success in place: experienced leaders, steady investors, a strong track record and long - term career potential. And in turn, each of our associates thrive because HEI's distinctly advantaged infrastructure creates a supportive, educational culture as well as unlimited opportunities for personal and professional success on every level.
An engaging, high-energy environment, HEI presents a rare career opportunity: the chance to shape a powerful leader in the hospitality industry.
|Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
Executive Committee Responsibilities
* Ability to perform special financial analysis as needed and /or requested by General Manager and Corporate Office.
* Practical solutions from a cost vs. benefits viewpoint. Provide accurate policy interpretations.
* Actively participate in Executive Committee and staff meetings.
* Assist other managers in analyzing statements, distributions, and other financial data.
* Support and comply with property standards and Corporate SOP's.
Financial and Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
* Skill in correcting deficiencies identified on Internal Audit report.
* Effective use of the Controller's Checklist.
* Maintain effective cash control system with audits and reports for each period.
* Review security over assets and auditing inventories.
* Understanding of all pertinent leases, contracts, agreements, covenants, and restrictions.
* Knowledge of City, County, State sales tax laws and laws dealing with innkeepers, liquor, and labor.
* Schedule and coordinate the preparation and presentation of the annual operating budget.
* Coordinate all aspects of the capital expenditures budget according to SOP.
Capital Expenditure Control
* Control the Capital Expenditure program and complete ROI Analysis.
* Complete entries required for preparation of the financial statements. Review statements for inaccurate data and make corrections within the following period.
* Inform the General Manager and HEI Corporate management of current and potential financial problems.
* Keep management informed of sales and profit attainment throughout the period.
* Coordinate the property's labor management system.
* Maintain appropriate standards for 60-90 day accounts. Conform to standards regarding the average collection period.
* Documenting the local credit policy and auditing property compliances.
* Approve all major accounts for credit as defined by local policy.
* Conduct credit and write-off meetings as requested.
* Submit accurate and timely critiques and credit loss reports as required.
* Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for proper credit extensions prior to arrival.
* Maintain standard regarding level of bad debt expenses as related to credit sales.
* Aggressively fulfill the accounts receivable management responsibilities to maximize receivable realizations.
Responses to Corporate Staff
* Complete financial required reports and requests from HEI Corporate offices. Establish other reports or documents, outside of SOP's as needed.
Balances in Asset and Liability Accounts
* Reconcile account balances on a current basis.
* Establish balances in accruals, pre-paid, and other accounts using proper accrual methods and expense realization logic.
* Calculate various turn ratios and days available for major asset categories and compare to standards (linen, gift shop, food, beverages, guest supplies, and uniforms).
* Work with Department Managers to control inventory balances according to established realistic pars.
* Comply with company procedures on deferring payments.
Management of Department
* Maintain and update job descriptions and standards for department.
* Ability to comply with corporate and local policies for wages paid (increases and timing).
* Establish an effective cross training program within the department.
* Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside the company.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management
* 3+ years experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting.
* Analytical approach to problems, regard for detail and accuracy
* Assertive personality, professional demeanor
* Command of the English language both written and verbal.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled