Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Scope of Position:
The Director of Facilities, FL position is responsible for the ongoing general maintenance, preventative maintenance, repairs and safety compliance of the physical building, machinery and equipment of the hotel and retail plaza with a focus on improving the efficiency, profitability and service levels while adhering to Brand Standards and ownership requirements.
This position is part of the Executive Committee of the Hotel and will supervise and be responsible for the staff of Engineering Department of the hotel and the external contractors/vendors for the hotel and retail plaza.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the operational condition of the hotel and retail plaza monitoring the facilities, equipment, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire systems.
- Develops and implements a daily, monthly and annual project schedule for the general and routine maintenance, preventive maintenance and repairs of hotel and retail plaza. Troubleshooting to avoid potential building and equipment failures.
- Oversees the hotel’s various preventive maintenance and energy management and maintenance programs while ensuring hotel and retail plaza comply with building code, health, fire, and safety guidelines and regulations.
- Manages the hotel’s emergency operations and must be able to provide expertise in building operations and contingency plans for building evacuation, disaster management and disaster recovery plan.
- Implements and coordinates maintenance, renovation and capital projects within a framework and time limits established.
- Manages, monitors and coordinates jobs performed by outside contractors or vendors.
- Handles all site inspections and audits.
- Advises Property Manager of the retail plaza to any building issues, general maintenance or prevent maintenance issues to be needed along with developing capital budget for the retail plaza.
- Prepare and maintains the annual maintenance budget, checkbook and assists in the preparation of the capital plan.
- Manages and supervises the staff of the Engineering Department of the hotel and maintenance staff of the retail center.
- Provides leadership, support and direction of the Engineering Department in conjunction with the hotel and department objectives.
- Plans, assigns and direct work of staff.
- Prepares and administers schedules, payroll and performance reviews.
- Develop, lead and train Engineering Department to reach optimal efficiency and productivity of the department and ensuring excellent guest services.
- Encourage and provide feedback and coaching and counseling to team members on an on-going basis. Handles all disciplinary actions, guest or associate complaints in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all team members are trained and knowledgeable all safety program, needs, practices and OSHA guidelines as it pertains to their job and tasks. All engineers must have working knowledge and are properly trained in the hotel fire procedure, regulations and policy and accident prevention.
- Leads by example, to be hands-on and ready to assist with projects, repairs and general maintenance.
- Quarterly or as needed travel to the Orlando property to observe, inspect and review the operational efficiency of Engineering and Maintenance Department and general condition of the property. Advise General Manager and Ownership of any deficiencies to be corrected, projects to be implemented and improvements seen.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with 2 years’ experience as regional, area or multiple property director
- Engineering degree/diploma/trade certification a plus
- Excellent knowledge in building HVAC operations, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems as well as building codes, fire and health department requirements
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards and practices
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with a focus on results
- Must have experience in managing capital budgets
- Must be proficient in computer skills and various software systems. Knowledge of hotel proprietary system OnQ and Saflock a plus
- Must be highly organized, disciplined, takes initiative and works well under pressure
- Leads by example, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
2 years: Regional, area or multiple property Director of Engineering
Licenses & Certifications