Director of F&B
The Mark Restaurant
Location: US - NY - New York City
The Mark Restaurant
Statement of Purpose:
The Director of Food and Beverage has overall operational, financial and culinary responsibility for the restaurant. The Director of Food and Beverage must be the leader of the restaurant overseeing all service, guest relations, kitchen operations, accounting, administration, and room service.
- In a leadership role the Director of Food and Beverage is to provide the highest quality service to guests at all times, instilling the Jean-Georges philosophy "The client is king". Maintain integrity of service, visit tables while on floor to solicit feedback. Responsible to help on floor when necessary.
- Ensure restaurant is properly and fully booked to ensure maximum revenue without sacrificing service.
- Ensure ambiance of restaurant including music, lighting and flowers etc are in compliance with the standards set forth the by the Vice Presidents of Operations.
- Train management staff in accordance with the standards of Jean-Georges policies and guidelines, ensuring proper knowledge of all company policies and procedures, rules and regulations. Constantly evaluate managers, chefs and all staff.
- Ensure proper reporting of all revenue, and costs. Manage all the costs of the restaurant. Ensure they are in line with the budget and/or guidelines. Ensure reporting is timely.
- Approve and sometimes hire all new employees, ensuring all paperwork is properly completed and employee files are in compliance as per Human Resources.
- Oversee the processing of the payroll. Ensure the labor cost is accurate and up to date, and all employees are properly paid. Ensure all new employees are hired using the company's pre-determined rates of pay. Approve all increases ensuring they are within the guidelines of the Company.
- Responsible for all staff training including creation of all manuals, new hire orientation, and on-going classroom and individual training. Responsible for creating and maintaining all side work schedules for all departments.
- Responsible for all menus to be up to date, neat and clean and that all personnel have up to date menu descriptions. This includes all new specials.
- Oversee the Plant Operations Management of the location. Oversee the maintenance and repairs of the restaurant. Ensure restaurant is clean and in compliance with all local and Company sanitation and food safety guidelines. Ensure staff is in compliance with the Company policy on grooming.
- Oversee purchasing of all small wares, glassware, china, silver, linen and all other necessary items for the restaurant. Ensure the proper storage and inventory of all. Maintain costs.
- Oversee the beverage/wine program. Ensure all costs are accurate and in line with the budget and/or guidelines. Ensure all beverages are properly inventoried and stored to prevent theft. Ensure all beverages are costed out to maximize profitability.
- Conduct weekly meetings with staff. Attend pre-shifts as necessary.
- Ensure quality of product from all areas is in line with the standards of Jean-Georges, especially from the kitchen. Responsible for the quality of the food and the presentation. Ensure guest satisfaction in this area.
- Create Marketing plans for the restaurant to increase revenue. Implement and follow through on all approved ideas.
- Demonstrates and promotes the Jean-Georges culture, always positively representing the Company. Promotes teamwork within the restaurant, creating a positive work environment.
- Oversee the culinary team to ensure understanding of costs, quality, proper purchasing and receiving
- Handle all guest complaints, addressing each individually, personally and in a timely manner. Copy all responses to the Vice President of Operations.
- Oversee all private events.
- Oversee and execute all approved PR requests.