A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you a fast thinking individual who seeks challenges with enthusiasm and a strong sense of urgency while being able to juggle and reprioritize work as needed? Do you desire a structured environment where conformity to rules, regulations, structure and established ways of performing work are important? Are you analytical and introspective and have the ability to create new policies and procedures as well as work on projects independently?
If the answer is YES, Paséa Hotel & Spa and Pacific Hospitality Group is looking for you to join the team as Director of Events.
Creates environment and culture of leaders with dynamic selling skills and a sense of customer urgency that meets the financial needs of the organization and surpasses the customer expectations. Directs the day-to-day Event Services Department to achieve the property mission and goals. Actively defines, refines, and continuously improves processes, systems, and performances to foster an environment of leadership, innovation, education, and growth of each individual team member.
- Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall departmental success. Manages subordinate Event Services staff. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Actively solicits new business opportunities through prospecting new customers and using network channels to open new doors to new customers.
- Seeks methods to penetrate key business activities within the catering and conference marketplace and finds profitable ways to bring business to the hotel.
- Creates and maintains each event's banquet event order (BEO) outlining all of the event's details, including instructions for the evening and the menu and wine choices.
- Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members and selecting those that best meet staffing needs.
- Prepares annual budget. Achieves budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas.
- Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by working with other departments to communicate guest expectations and ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Must wear slip-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Acts on reports of potential safety issues or whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management desired.
- Five or more years of related and progressive Catering, Conference/Event Services, Banquet, Culinary, or other similar experience. Two years as a supervisor/manager in similar setting desired.
- Possess solid knowledge of catering management, luxury hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Ability and experience in successfully leading and coordinating staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Requires ability to lead other in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques with strong skills and ability to negotiate and close sales.
- Requires ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present sales options through verbal face-to-face and telephone interactions.
- Must be able to create and effectively provide sales presentations and materials to potential customers.
- Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between functions occurring simultaneously. The team member occasionally grasps objects such as presentation materials. The team member occasionally reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing essential functions of the job. The team member frequently talks when communicating with current or potential clients and staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and staff. Many aromas and smells are present in the dining areas. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally when called upon to assist with banquet or conference set-ups. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the sales materials and contracts.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees while performing duties while outside temperatures are high. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise (or music) when working in or around the banquet and dining areas. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.