At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational or technical training preferred.
- Four years experience in a similar position in the hospitality industry.
- Four years previous management experience.
- Ability to read and interpret HVAC, electrical, mechanical and plumbing blueprints.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to read wire and schematic diagrams.
- Ability to properly use an electrical meter.
- Universal refrigerant license.
- Understanding of office equipment.
- Directs and supervises all management and line staff in the department.
- Interview, hires and promotes employees in the department.
- Trains, motivates and supports subordinate staff to ensure quality service.
- Counsels, coaches, disciplines and documents performance of staff. Recognizes and rewards superior performance.
- Maintains all personnel and other pertinent records pertaining to Engineering.
- Conducts all meetings pertaining to Engineering.
- Submits all reports and memos to appropriate parties.
- Develops property operations budgets, forecasts and utility accruals.
- Maintain all buildings and work performed in accordance to all governing bodies and codes.
- Provide assistance in the capitol expenditure budget.
- Participate in all managerial meetings and functions.
- Hires and supervise outside contractors.
- Responds to guests’ maintenance requests and questions and resolves their need efficiently.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by General Manager.