Director of Engineering
Great Wolf Lodge - Grapevine
Location: US - TX - Grapevine
Aug 10, 2017
Great Wolf Lodge - Grapevine
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Accomplishes engineering human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies and procedures; implementing recruitment selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops engineering organizational strategies by contributing engineering information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing engineering objectives.
- Establishes engineering operational strategies by evaluating engineering trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing engineering systems.
- Develops engineering financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Determines engineering project feasibility by conferring with other organization directors; identifying requirements and resource utilization; studying available technology; conferring with engineering consultants; completing cost-benefit studies; estimating costs.
- Maintains uninterrupted operations by coordinating provision and backup of supplied utilities.
- Accomplishes engineering projects by planning, assembling, and managing resources; planning and controlling changeover.
- Provides technical information by analyzing operational problems, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing technical data and trends.
- Guides organizational actions by initiating and enforcing engineering policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking updates in regulations and codes; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Thinks globally of the business and its opportunities.
Develops long-term strategies for growth.
Exhibits extensive business knowledge to integrate and develop sound budgets.
Responsible for profit and loss responsibility for an organization.
Forecasts and monitors budgets against financial goals.
Senior management experience.
Skills include strategic planning, influencing others, and supporting organizational change.
Possesses proven track record for maintaining high-quality standards for the organization.
Understands key process issues and makes sure process improvements happen.
Establishes best practice standards including developing policies, procedures, and workflows.
Experience managing multiple teams of technical employees through projects.
Deep understanding of technology developed through real-world experience in a variety of settings.
Experience with engineering design.
BA or equivalent experience.
Plumbing License, Certified Pool & Spa (CPO) License, Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Certified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.