Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Director of Design will work under the primary direction of the Director of Capital Projects. The Director of Design will prioritize projects and manage and coordinate design resources for multiple hotel renovations and design projects.
- Oversee/manage other designers
- Develop, define and manage the interior design projects for the Stanford Hotels group
- Coordinate interior design for new construction projects and/or renovation of existing facilities commensurate with the standards of various hotel brands, maintaining and projecting an image of excellence in quality of design and aesthetic appeal
- Design and make recommendations on all phases of design, including design and purchase of textile selections, based on franchise design guideline and standards by brand, developing interior design concepts for the full service brands
- Solicit proposals, write bid process and PO requests and will negotiate services and pricing with vendors for furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), verify pricing of billings and quality control of product specified and delivered
- Liaise with Project Management Team to coordinate construction/project schedules and budget
- Minimum of 15 years experience as an Interior Designer at a hospitality company or interior design firm
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design preferred
- Previous experience overseeing other designers preferred
- Knowledge of budgets and budget accountability, specifications, architecture drawings, managing projects through all phases, schedules based on the scope of work, interior FF&E budget for areas of a hotel, organizing and preparing site surveys, preparing guestroom and public area architectural and interior documents
- Architectural training and/or experience with hotel renovations and new construction a plus
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Strong organizational skills and multi-task oriented
- Team player – enthusiastic and willing to learn new things; highly motivated
- Energetic, proactive
- Willing to travel; must be flexible in working hours/days at all sites
- Proficiency in Auto-CAD
- Proficiency in PhotoShop and Sketchup a plus
- Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook skills
- Provide a high level of innovative design service and professionalism
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read design plans and blue prints
- Able to create presentation boards
- Knowledge of ADA and building codes
Bachelors or better in Interior Design or related field.
15 years: Interior Design in Hospitality Company or Design Firm
Licenses & Certifications