Oversees the entire operation of Conference Services, which includes Conference Planning, Conference Floor Set-up, Conference Concierge and Scheduling by providing direction and training to the team. Is a role model for employees and holds them accountable to following our Mission, Core Values, Policies and Procedures. Ensures financial, guest and employee satisfaction goals are achieved using sound business practices. Follows and instills the Benchmark Culture, Core Values, and Service philosophy.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ten years’ experience in the hospitality industry with at least three years of that experience associated with Corporate Conference Centers or Conference Center Resorts
- Four-Five Diamond and/or Large Property Experience Preferred.
- Experience in supervising a staff of 10 or more
- Previous experience with managing financials and development of budgets
- Extensive knowledge of conference service equipment, set-up styles, and audio-visual
- Excellent computer software knowledge; to include Microsoft Office, Delphi CVent and/or other Catering Systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, to all other departments
- Exceptional Organizational skills
- Works collaboratively with owner representatives.
- Directs all facets of conference operations.
- Oversees management of all groups ensuring highest customer service levels are achieved.
- Meets regularly with employee groups to ensure event details are communicated effectively.
- Meets with department regularly to ensure an open line of communication, encourages employee morale and problem solves any employee issues.
- Ensures managers and support staff are properly trained and have equipment to execute according to standard.
- Prepares budgets, forecasts and capital requests.
- Develops staff within the department for future growth in the industry.
- Completes employee performance appraisals in a timely manner and utilize for feedback, growth and career planning.
- Maintains staffing levels within budgetary guidelines Prepare monthly narratives on department financial results for ownership.
- Reforecasts financials for future months.
- Attains customer satisfaction score as determined by the property or better for the department as measured by the Meeting Planner Evaluations and Tech cards.
- Develops and maintains professional departmental service standards for conference set up, audio visual, planning and concierge staff.
- Encourages increased overall quality in service levels throughout the property relative to group business
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.apply now