• This position requires a minimum of 7 years job-related experience, preferably in mid-size to large full-service resort/hotel sales.
• A minimum formal education of college diploma highly preferred.
• Solid working knowledge of corporate transient, group, leisure and catering segments
• Proven track record of driving solid results • Excellent communications skill (oral & written)
• Proven ability to effectively develop & lead a team to achieve/exceed growth goals.
• Proven ability to foster relationships with key third party vendors, political and community organizations
• Demonstrated analytical ability and financial acumen and report writing skills
• Effective presentation and interpersonal skills • Computer literate. Prefer Microsoft Office proficiency. Prefer experience with Delphi, Lanyon and Opera hotel automation systems.
• Understand the GDS, TMC and different channel distributions related to travel.
• Ability to analyze market data and translate it to a plan to target new business through Hotelligence Report, Star Report, etc.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. While attending trade shows, must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day. This includes traveling to and from meetings and may include air travel. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Some portions of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as repetitive tasks, hands exertion, vibration, cold temperatures, poor body mechanics, restrictive work stations or awkward postures.
• Some portions of the assignments require travel to other hotels, trade shows and client events via car, plane, rail, subway or other mode.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Work may require evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments on occasion.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We require consent to pre-employment background screening & drug testing for all positions.