Pyramid Hotel Group is committed to being the best and most desirable employer in the industry.
To achieve this goal, we recognize the importance of providing respect, support and rewards to all of our people. We seek motivated and enthusiastic team players to join Pyramid Hotel Group who believe in these same values.
Pyramid is comprised of a diverse group of individuals. Some of our people have worked together for many years; others have recently joined our team, bringing new insights and perspectives. Together we strive for excellence in every endeavor.
What makes working at Pyramid Hotel Group different?
- We pride ourselves on being agile, flexible and responsive. We provide all the internal resources of a large hotel chain without the burdens of bureaucracy.
- We provide outstanding leadership. Our principals, officers and managers are experienced team players. They are always accessible to our associates and provide exceptional support and development.
- We focus on Respect, Recognition and Rewards. We hold our associates accountable for their goals. In return we treat our people with respect, recognize excellence in job performance and reward achievement in meaningful ways.
Director of Benefits
Human Resources Corporate
Pyramid Hotel Group HQ - Corporate Offices
Pyramid Hotel Group is a privately held full-service hotel company based in Boston. Pyramid provides Hotel management, Project management, Asset management and Acquisition Services. Pyramid’s principals have over 25 years of experience in successfully acquiring, repositioning and managing hotel real estate assets. Pyramid Hotel Group employs approximately 10,000 employees and has over $10.0 billion of hotel real estate currently under management. As hotel owners, Pyramid is aligned with the owners' interests. Pyramid sources, advises and jointly invests in both stand alone and portfolio acquisitions with its partners. Clients and partners include large institutional investors, corporations, universities and individual owners. With five former hospitality CEOs or Presidents on the Pyramid team, clients and employees have access to an unparalleled depth and diversity of senior executive skill, judgment and strategic thinking.
Pyramid Hotel Group is expanding! Due to our our recent growth we have begun the search for a Director of Benefits to work with our Corporate HR team here in Boston, MA.
The Director of Benefits will act as an HR consultant in the area Benefits & Compliance for Pyramid and all affiliated entities. He/she shall reports to the Vice President of Human Resources, Benefits.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Assists in evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Works with VP to analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Assists in developing specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to:
- Maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and
- Obtain uniform benefits package for all company locations, where possible.
- Works closely with VP, Human Resources to assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans
- Acts as a resource for Pyramid’s HRDs and RHRDs
- Maintains productive relationships with all benefit carriers, insurance brokers, and properties to ensure Benefit Program functions properly.
- Facilitates in the resolution of coverage and billing issues
- Manages access for all on-line insurance enrollment/resource sites
- Evaluate carrier
- Evaluate plan design
- Create and present proposed cost-sharing models for the COO to approve
- Participates in all pre transition work related to Benefits ( ie: daily conference calls, benefit survey reviews, and daily due diligence & transition trouble shooting)
- Works closely with VPHR- Benefits, Chief People Officer, and insurance brokers during insurance renewal
- Cultivates CARE Culture in the Home Office and embraces team environment
The ideal Director of Benefits candidate will bring the following required, desired and optional assets to the company:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent education/experience required
- Thrives in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Knowledge of Federal & State laws pertaining to HR
- Strong employee relations experience
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Strong analytical, problem solving & organization skills
- Ability to multitask in demanding environment
- Microsoft Office skills required, must be proficient in Excel and Powerpoint.
The Director of Benefits may from time to time be asked to perform other detailed functions that have not been addressed here that are reasonable and within the scope of his/her job.
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING ONLINE: