The Director of Banquets is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel’s banquet operations, while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. Also participates in the management of Outlets.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all policies, procedures, service requirements, liquor regulations,
- Maintain all inventories, accounting procedures, Banquet Event Orders
- Manage schedule and staffing
- Inspect the scheduled function areas/rooms for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up; rectify any deficiencies with respective departments
- Meet with the Chef and Stewarding to review scheduled group's menu and equipment requirements.
- Ensure agreement of delivery times, amounts and special arrangements.
- Inspect all aspects of Banquet set-ups
- Manage team to assure all aspects of Guest Service are maintained
- Direct the final breakdown of function room and clean up. Ensure all department standards are met.
- Participate in full management of Outlet