Director of Architecture and Design
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Dec 27, 2017
Position DescriptionIn coordination with branding and operations, leads the development of new design features and architectural concepts across all brands. Initiatives include the design and conceptualization of new concepts, new brands and updating of existing designs and standards.
- Lead the Product and Design process, supporting outside Owners and Developers in planning and execution of all design and construction hotel projects for which there is a Management Agreement with Carlson Rezidor.
- Ensure that the program, design and physical specifications of the owned and/or managed Carlson Rezidor Hotel products support operations requirements, the achievement of each project’s market positioning and proposed financial projections by directing the product development and design processes for Carlson Rezidor.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of all design, including architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape and water feature, kitchen and laundry design, low voltage design, lighting, artwork and graphics, for all owned and/or managed projects, whether new construction, renovation or expansion.
- Promotes Carlson Rezidor’s brands’ identities by establishing and maintaining planning, design and construction standards for all new Carlson Rezidor construction
- Supports new construction and conversions by managing the project planning and design processes utilizing effective communication and coordination of all parties
- Promotes Carlson Rezidor’s Development Department and assists in achieving the company’s expansion objectives by participating in presentations to owners, developers and other interested parties
- Architect license/education: Architectural degree required with license to practice architecture a plus
- Ten years or more of architectural experience in hospitality, retail, residential and commercial projects. Management expertise in programming, planning, budgeting, design and construction with an emphasis in the hospitality industry. Business experience includes coordination of project team, creative design direction, department profitability, personnel and client interaction.
- Hotel experience preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.