Director, FP&A Corporate Controller
What will I be doing?
The Director of FP&A Corporate Controller will be responsible for the analysis of cost savings opportunities, corporate initiatives, functional realignments, and headcount analysis, as needed, as well as for helping to insure initiatives are realized in actual results.
Other key priorities are listed below:
* Provide financial planning and analysis support for the corporate functions and other EBITDA segments, as well as monthly reporting, variance analysis and explanations, and ad-hoc requests
* Direct the process for the development of the company's global annual corporate expense operating budget and monthly forecasts for the administrative functions
* Create and administer policies and procedures around budget and forecast creation, including quantitative guidance, timing, and areas of emphasis, and direct the SVP-level and other cost center owners on these policies and procedures; provide support as necessary
* Responsible for identifying and working with business partners to implement companywide cost savings initiatives
* Proactively identify opportunities and pursue to ensure timely achievement
* Implement measurements of forecast accuracy to ensure effectiveness, continuous improvement, and internal and external confidence in financial projections
* Continuously track and manage common sources of forecast variance to maintain pulse
* Provide monthly and quarterly analysis, walks, and metrics to assess and report on the financial performance of the company versus operating plan, forecast, and prior periods
* Assess actual performance, providing feedback, and taking corrective actions as necessary to ensure company financial targets are met
* Partner with the most senior corporate and functional management in the development of targets, assumptions, and strategic issues to be incorporated into the annual budget and planning process and monthly forecasts
* Direct the activities of the Manager and SFA (direct reports), FP&A and non-FP&A resources (including GBCS Finance, Corporate Accounting, Finance contractors, and others) to investigate questions and issues as well as execute on projects as directed by upper management
* Oversee and evaluate business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department
* Act as the primary liaison for the Hyperion Planning Corporate expense budgeting and forecasting system
* Track and maintain headcount data for corporate functions and perform productivity and other analyses as appropriate
* Maintain the integrity of the headcount approval process
* Effectively partner with senior management and divisional leaders to deliver financial targets and controllership of company operating plan
* Provide support to upper management in the investigation of questions and issues, as well as aid in the analysis and planning for internal business transactions as they occur
* As necessary, work with IT Finance to understand changes to net expense and drivers to improve corporate expense performance
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of Supervisory experience
- Advanced ability and demonstrated experience in corporate controllership activities and an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to complete rapid deep dives into a variety of topics and understand the impact to P&L
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MS/MA Master's Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience
- A minimum of four (4) years of managerial experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of Financial Planning and Analysis experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!