At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Executive level position is responsible and accountable for financial reporting to Ownership and Management Company, accounting controls, and accounting systems.
Scope of this Position
- Implement and oversee tight financial controls throughout property.
- Report financial results to owners and management in accordance with hotel Accounting Principles each month.
- Develop annual budget procedures and guidelines each year.
- Schedule and conduct annual audit.
- Direct the daily, weekly and monthly reporting process in compliance with Management and Ownership requirements.
- Develop accurate and timely forecasts including labor management along with other departments
- Direct control of costs and expenses in all areas. Task master.
- Oversee compliance of local, state and federal laws.
- Oversee risk management program, including all insurances.
- High degree of owner contact.
- Oversee financial training of all management.
- In preparing for this position, candidate ideally will have worked in at least the following departments or positions: Hotel/Resort Controller
- Requires a minimum of 5 year(s) of experience.
- Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and week-ends.
- Manage capital expenditures according to budget
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Five years experience as a hotel/resort controller overseeing multiple revenue streams in excess of $15M.
- MBA/CPA/CHAE certifications are desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Solid training in all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, Inventory control, Payroll, Budgeting, Costing, P&L preparation and analysis, etc.
- Work closely with Front Office, Reservations, Sales, Spa and F&B Department to assist them in identifying optimum ways to drive revenues while balancing market segments.
- Actively involved in yield management and revenue enhancement.
- Oversee consolidation of budgets and projections.
- Assist Departments in budget preparation.
- Provide management with operational reports.
- Prepare and review daily reports. Responsible for IS/MIS function.
- Responsible for IS/MIS, Telecommunications, and purchasing.
- Identify and recommend software applications.
- Review leases, contracts, agreements, subcontracts, and licenses from accounting perspective.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Ability to conceptualize the mission.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Develop and implement business plan.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Experience making presentations in front of groups.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- A mentor who has inspired, trained, and developed people for promotion. Solid career progression up through the ranks.
- Instill a "can-do" attitude in employees. Experience training and cross-training employees.
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency.
- Specific degree in Accounting or Finance
About Snow King Resort:
Located at the base of Snow King Mountain, just a few blocks from downtown and 20 minutes from the Jackson Hole Airport, Snow King Hotel boasts breathtaking views of the Teton Mountain Range and offers a wide variety of activities and amenities. As Jackson’s largest venue, Snow King Hotel offers over 20,000 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor function space. Featuring 203 guest rooms and 75 luxury condos at Grand View Lodge, Snow King offers beautiful accommodations, in addition to extensive conference and event facilities, a polished catering staff, complete business center, all-day dining restaurant Haydens Post, adventure activities, and professional service to meet a broad spectrum of needs.