Demi Chefs de Partie
The Fairmont Southampton
Location: Bermuda - Southampton
Demi Chefs de Partie
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. The care and quality you devote to food preparation as Demi Chef de Partie will result in truly spectacular fare that delights our guests.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Ensuring quality consistency in the preparing, cooking and serving of all food items for a la carte andor buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Assisting with intake and storage of deliveries
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensuring all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Complete daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness and quality standards
- Maintaining proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Maintaining full knowledge of all menu items, daily specials and promotions
- Ensuring the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Embracing opportunities, while working with and assisting senior chefs, to learn and improve knowledge and skills
- Assisting with training and mentoring junior chefs
- Following kitchen policies, procedures and service standards and all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma or Certification from a recognized culinary school an asset
- Journeyman's papers or international equivalent an asset
- 3 years experience working in all areas of a hotel kitchen required
- Excellent customer service, team, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written; fluent English) skills
- Excellent organization, multi tasking, problem solving skills
- Be accountable, reliable, creative and flexible
- Ability to work efficiently and cohesively within a team in a demanding, fast paced, multi cultural environment
- Be focused on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Computer literate with a woring knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps, using elevators
Schedule: Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and public holidays.
Visa Requirements: Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!