A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for supervising the assigned station within the All Day Dining Kitchen
- To ensures that his/her station is managed efficiently and according to the established concept statements.
- To supervise the Commis de cuisine and the assigned kitchen Trainees.
- Organize food production in a cost effective and hygienic manner.
- Prepare menu in accordance with quality, availability and seasonality ingredients and ensure market lists are completed on a daily and weekly basis.
- Constantly strive to improve operating procedures.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned station.
- Identify opportunities for improving the efficiency of the operation of the assigned work station that will benefit our guests.
- Identify opportunities for reducing costs without affecting the level of service or product received by our guests.
- Use the Colleague Handbook in understanding the consistent way of Communicating Rules & Regulation to our Team.
- Controls the effort of superior Cleanness throughout the assigned work station.
- Control all efforts that our entire superior Save and Sound codes are in place at all times.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Chef de Cuisine All Day Dining from time to time.
- To ensure that the Fire Life Health Safety and Security company standards and HACCP Standards are maintained and carried out. They must be monitored regularly to assist in scoring 100% on the MOHG health and safety audit.
- Indonesia Citizen is a must.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Two year degree or Apprenticeship.
- Current Sanitation class certificate.
- Minimum of 2 years in the luxury hotel culinary business.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Demi Chef de Partie (All Day Dining Kitchen).
- Thorough knowledge of Gastronomy
- Working knowledge of beverages
- Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Working knowledge of mathematics for recipes, ordering, and financial research purposes
- Ability to dictate responsibility, pay attention to detail, handle multiple tasks and show a high level of patience
- Possess a good written and verbal command of the English Language.