Culinary - Ironwood American Kitchen - Jr. Sous Chef
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Location: US - AZ - Scottsdale
Culinary - Ironwood American Kitchen - Jr Sous Chef
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Develop your talent with us as Jr. Sous Chef, where your care and creativity will elevate our menus!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates effectively with Chef
- Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory
- Ensure that each Kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand
- Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted and followed
- prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
- Maintain positive guest and colleague relations at all times
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Review daily specials and offer feedback to Executive Chef
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift
- review the days supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly
- follow hotel break policy
- follow grooming and attire guidelines
- Check and ensure that all opening/closing duties are completed to standard
- Check kitchen printers on the line, ensuring they are in working order and there is enough paper available for the shift
- Work on line during service and assist wherever needed
- Be aware of any shortages and communicate with Chef before the item runs out
- Inspect the cleanliness of the line, floor, all Kitchen stations
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- Communicate needed work orders for maintenance repairs to Chef
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. Click here to view: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/Meet/Grooming-Guidelines
- At least 4 years of similar Food and Beverage experience required.
- Working knowledge of knives, knife skills and small wares equipment.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
- Working knowledge of weights and measures and various cooking techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V