Become part of the Hershey Lodge culinary team entrusted to maintain food quality and cleanliness for the guest experience. Hershey Lodge is a full-service resort located in Hershey, Pennsylvania, offering 665 guest rooms and 100,000 square feet of function space. Hershey Lodge is Pennsylvania’s largest convention resort and is part of Hershey Resorts and is also a proud recipient of "An Outstanding Guest Experience" certification for upscale hotels by J.D. Power and Associates — a prestigious award that acknowledges the property's commitment to guest comfort and satisfaction.
The Hershey Lodge Culinary Intern will have part in a variety of experiences from a-la carte to banquet and high volume style kitchen experience.
This position is available for:
Winter Season (October 2016 - March 2017)
Spring Season (March 2017 - June 2017)
Summer Season (May 2017 - August 2017)
**Please Note: There is a housing option available for this internship.
- Checking with Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef for daily job duties
- Works alongside line cooks on all tasks
- Ensures all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and requirements established by the Executive Chef.
- Cleans and organizes work station
- Maintains a clean and sanitary culinary environment in compliance with Pennsylvania Health Department
- Performs banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef
- Ensures assigned work station has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be currently enrolled in Culinary School to be eligible for this position
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work location
- Must have strong communication skills to communicate closely with Sous Chef and First Cook
- Ability to work with positive, supportive attitude, skill, speed and cleanliness
- Ability to exhibit proper food handling procedures in accordance with Pennsylvania Health Regulations and obtain ServSafe certification
- Flexible shift required, including weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements may include: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking and communicating verbally, bending, walking and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in varying temperatures subject to extreme heat
- Ability to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment
- Approved slip-resistant, non-skid shoes provided by employee
- Transportation is not provided for this program; all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer