The Resort at Squaw Creek, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, is ideally situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The Resort at Squaw Creek instills in all of its employees the belief that we are a proud team dedicated to a quality experience for our guests, owners and associates. All members of the Resort at Squaw Creek Team are empowered to provide a quality guest service and an exceptional associate experience.
For all associates, the Resort offers ski pass discounts, free golf play, amenity discounts, national hotel discounts, the diversity of working with people from all over the world, and the ability to work and live in a community of the luxurious mountains of Lake Tahoe where the activities are endless all year round.
Job OverviewThis position will assist in recipe development and testing, product ideation, gold standard product development, flavor system development, product applications, customer presentations and special projects. This position should enjoy working with food, be organized and have great attention to detail.Essential Functions
- Contributes input on recipes, product cuttings and recommendations to improve
- Calculate nutritional info for recipes
- Translating gold standard recipes into commercial products with R&D assistance
- Development of menu concepts based on current culinary trends
- Maintain kitchen environment according to company standards for cleanliness, organization, and functioning equipment/small wares
- Pursuing a degree in Culinary Nutrition or B.S. in Culinary Arts
- Familiarity with standard weights & measures
- Ability to follow standardized recipe procedures
- Basic understanding of ingredient interactions
- Must be proficient in handling professional kitchen equipment
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word; experience in working with recipe writing a plus