Culinary - BOURBON STEAK - Pastry Cook II
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Location: US - AZ - Scottsdale
Culinary - Bourbon Steak- Pastry Cook II
Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. Your leadership, creativity and culinary skills as Pastry Cook I, will guide the preparation of our Bakery’s wide assortment of delicious baked goods for the enjoyment of our guests.
Hotel Overview: Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort recently opened 102 new guest rooms in June 2016, bringing the total number of rooms to 750. In conjunction with the guest room expansion, the resort is creating three dynamic new outdoor venues for groups: Sunset Beach, the Great Lawn and a new western town, Copper Canyon. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 25th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America’s. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Ensure daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness and quality standards
- Prepare daily production of breads, rolls, muffins and other baked goods according to standard recipes
- Inspect product for quality and consistency during and after baking
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake
- Monitor inventory of supplies and order stock based on daily and weekly requirements
- Complete production sheets needed for the daily operation
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Maintain consistency for all items leaving the Pastry Station
- Responsible for working and maintaining standards during dinner service in addition to daily production
- Follow Kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. Click here to view: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/Meet/Grooming-Guidelines
- 1-2 years previous experience in a Bakery required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent preferred
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V
#LI - POST