Culinary - BOURBON STEAK - Lead Line Cook
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Location: US - AZ - Scottsdale
Bourbon Steak - Lead Line Cook
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a Lead Line Cook, the care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort recently opened 102 new guest rooms in June 2016, bringing the total number of rooms to 750. In conjunction with the guest room expansion, the resort is creating three dynamic new outdoor venues for groups: Sunset Beach, the Great Lawn and a new western town, Copper Canyon. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 25th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America’s. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, Bourbon Steak, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates effectively with Chef
- Prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Follow hotel break policy
- Follow grooming and attire guidelines
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- Communicate needed work orders for maintenance repairs to Chef
- Ensure that each Kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Check kitchen printers on the line, ensuring they are in working order and there is enough paper available for the shift
- Work on line during service and assist wherever needed
- Be aware of any shortages and communicate with Chef before the item runs out
- Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory
- Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted and followed
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
- Review the days supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly
- Inspect the cleanliness of the line, floor, all Kitchen stations
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines.
At least 2 years of cook experience in a similar position required.
Working knowledge of knives and knife skills.
Working knowledge of equipment to include, slicing machine, and small wares equipment.
Working knowledge of weights, measures and various cooking techniques.
Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
Excellent customer service skills.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to speak, read & write in English.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V