Culinary Banquets Supervisor
A Magnificent & Iconic Hill Country Resort
For a Texas-sized getaway with every diversion and amenity, there's no better destination than the Hill Country luxury resort of La Cantera.
Set atop one of the highest points in San Antonio, La Cantera Resort offers two golf courses, five swimming pools, eight unique dining venues and a renowned Health Club & Spa. Ample facilities handle meetings, events and weddings. Décor and design elements incorporate distinctive native textiles, artwork and color palettes, and there are sweeping vistas all around the resort. Nearby attractions include Six Flags Fiesta Texas, destination shopping, the beautiful Texas Wine Country and historic and romantic San Antonio.
This AAA Four Diamond-rated resort is an exception product with a great culture and team to grow your career with.
- To lead by example, support and demonstrate strong leadership in the kitchen
- Hire and training all culinary staff for the restaurant
- Create and manage the weekly staff schedule
- Assist in daily production of restaurant, as well as monitoring the day to day prep list
- Handle all food and beverage ordering for the restaurant
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques
- Prepare both hot and cold items and demonstrate a variety of cooking techniques
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment
- Apply advanced knife skills required for service
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated areas
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Taste and visually inspects all prepared food made in the culinary areas and takes action to correct any irregularities
- Ensures food, garnishes and plate presentations are adhered to standard
- Produce recipes efficiently and consistently
- Create weekly calendar of specials
- Ensures portion necessities and portion control for all food functions are recipes, especially high cost items
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.