Crown Landing Bartender
Situated on a private 15-acre peninsula surrounded by Coronado Bay and the Pacific Ocean, Loews Coronado Bay Resort is located just minutes away from the charming resort village of Coronado and a short drive to San Diego’s world famous attractions. With panoramic water views, sea inspired guest rooms and world-class dining, Loews Coronado Bay is the premier choice for San Diego hotels. Our 439 rooms include 37 suites (all with bay, marina, pool, and garden views), four dining outlets, 24-hour in room dining, three outdoor swimming pools, and featuring 65,000 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor meeting and function space. For more information about the Loews Coronado Bay Resort, please visit www.loewscoronadobayresort.com.
The Loews Coronado Bay Resort is seeking PT Bartender in Crown Landing. This position provides courteous, professional preparation of beverages for guests and servers in the resort restaurant and Silver Strand Exchange. Prepares high quality beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, to order upon request. Takes orders and serves guests at bar according to Loews Standards and all Local and State legal guidelines. Monitors guest to ensure safety. Below are a list of some of the duties of this position:
- Maintains current knowledge of all popular alcoholic beverages and cocktail recipes
- Prepares all necessary mixers and garnishes prior to start of service and during service as needed
- Sets up bar service area with all necessary supplies prior to start of service "Mis en Place"
- Cleans and restocks glassware throughout shift
- Conduct daily par level inventory at the bar
- Greets guests in a polite professional manner according to Loews standards
- Determines guests needs and suggestively up-sells beverages so as to enhance the guest experience
- Records all aspects of guest order accurately and enters them into computer
- Prepares alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to order upon request
- Previous Bartending experience required
- Cash handling, food and beverage service, bar set-up knowledge required
- Knowledge of wines
- Knowledge of Beers, Craft included
- Able to properly prepare all bar drinks
- Good communication skills required
- Team player and committed to guest service
- Bending, stooping, and lifting are required in this position
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and be able to push a cart weighing up to 150 pounds
- Must be customer-service orientated and have excellent hospitality skills
- Must be flexible to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
- Must have ability to obtain Food Handlers Card
- Must have TIPS certification upon hire
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V