JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for processing all payments made to the hotel in accordance with hotel accounting standards, reconciles daily statements and month-end balancing of receivables.
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance, Sr. Assistant Director of Finance
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
6. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
7. Maintain complete knowledge of property management system and manual procedures.
8. Set up and organize work station with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to supervisor.
9. Answer telephone using Trump telephone standards.
10. Maintain all A/R records, including current and paid accounts and monthly reports.
11. Maintain knowledge of hotel credit policy.
12. Review daily high balance report and ensure any over limit credit issues are resolved.
13. Review City Ledger daily and researching all discrepancies.
14. Prepare, review, and promptly send out all invoices.
15. Maintain detailed files on accounts.
16. Maintain current aging through regular collection calls and follow up.
17. Call clients to verify receipt of statements.
18. Reconcile cash/check/credit card payments received and post payment in system.
19. Reconcile advance deposits to schedule and follow up on outstanding balances.
20. Prepare commission payments for Group Commissions and submit to A/P for processing.
21. Post all merchant credit card payments and commissions on a daily basis.
22. Review Credit Card Credit vs. Debit report.
23. Research and process disputed credit card charge-backs in a timely manner.
24. Handle returned checks.
25. Post all rebates according to schedule.
26. Perform credit checks on clients requesting direct billing per credit policy.
27. Hold monthly Credit Meetings with individuals specified in credit policy.
28. Prepare quarterly proposed write offs for approval.
29. Complete month end closing procedures.
30. Print designated reports and distribute as specified by Controller.
31. Handle disputed charges by guests.
New York, NY
Posted on: 01/11/2017
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: health benefits
Management Position: Yes
Address: 246 Spring Street