At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Ability to perform current, fashionable and age appropriate hair styles using the following techniques; shampooing, cutting, setting, round brush blow dry, razor cutting, perms and color.
· Consult with the guest to ensure expectations are met for a pleasurable visit, may include site tour.
· Ability to perform various coloring and treatment procedures and scalp treatments as requested by the guest.
· Cross-trained to perform all services within a unisex salon operation such as nail care, hand/foot treatments, make-up applications, facial/skin care and waxing as determined by license and certification.
· Prepare hair care equipment, treatment areas and supplies daily, and complete all tasks necessary for opening and closing shifts.
· On-time attendance is necessary, and uninterrupted work is expected.
· Maintain the cleanliness of the salon area, and rest of the Spa area as needed.
· Attend product knowledge training as required.
· Keep current and up to date knowledge of changing trends and developments in the department.
· Will perform additional duties as requested by immediate superior.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Licensed by West Virginia State Board of Cosmetology.
· One year previous experience.
· CPR certification preferred.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Standing, Bending Over, Crouching, Gross Motor Skills, Lifting up to 50 lbs., Far Vision & Hearing. Frequent Walking, Reaching, Manual Dexterity, Fine Motor Skills, Near Vision, Hand Eye Coordination and Color Recognition. Constant Standing
Environmental Factors include
Working; Inside, Closely with others, Noise/Vibrations, Excessive Humidity and Dampness, with Chemicals/Detergents/Cleaners and Working Around Fumes/Smoke/Gas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.