Corporate Transient and Corporate Group Sales Manager
Location: US - CA - Berkeley
Berkeley, CA, US 94704
Welcome to Graduate Berkeley—where your intellectual curiosity meets your favorite place to stay. Graduate Berkeley is a five-minute walk to campus at the corner of the city stir and game day buzz. We are steps from Shattuck Avenue shops and stops. A virtual post card from its counter culture past, Graduate Berkeley resides in the historically renovated Hotel Durant, making it the most storied place around. The lobby invites nods to the arts and academia, the well-traveled local and Berkeley’s Bohemian roots. Collegiate plaids mix with a faraway but familiar feel, like a home away from home. Thousands of “Nat Geo” magazines journey across the front desk walls, dressing them in California gold. Curl up with a book amidst Ikat patterned easy chairs and printed velvet sofas in deep blues and burgundy with a vintage vibe. Sweeping wood floors are layered with hand-woven rugs from India, while graphic street art mixes with chinoiserie accessories offset by original millwork and moldings.
Gather some Golden Bears for a post game bite at Henry’s or convene at a communal wood table; it’s the perfect hub for conversation, camaraderie and robust exchange of ideas and intellect. So whether you’re in town for a meeting or meet up, cheering along with Oski on The Hill or enjoying a show at The Greek, we’re here to make it memorable.
Our warm, friendly and whip smart staff (#humblebrag) can guide you in and around Berkeley—so that you feel like a local, at home again even if it’s your first time in town. Our rooms are ready for a night like you’ve never had before, where little moments of surprise and discovery will meet you down every corridor and around each corner. This is Graduate—be ready to be inspired.
Graduate Hotels is seeking a talented Corporate Transient and Corporate Group Sales Manager to join the Graduate Berkeley Sales and Marketing team. Graduate Hotels is a hotel collection targeting university-anchored markets across the country that celebrates each town’s unique local culture and history. The hotel portfolio includes Ann Arbor, MI; Athens, GA; Berkeley, CA; Charlottesville, VA; Madison, WI; Oxford, MS; and Tempe, AZ. Graduate Hotels will be opening in Lincoln, NE and Richmond, VA.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Corporate Transient and Corporate Group Sales Manager is responsible for generating Corporate and Group transient room revenue and increasing production of existing special corporate/preferred corporate accounts. Also, implement and execute programs for special corporate/preferred corporate transient sales. Time allocation and incentive system is based on 75% Corporate IBT and other volume account/consortia and 25% on Corporate Group
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
v High school diploma or equivalent.
v Minimum (2) two years of college, degree desirable.
v Excellent written and oral communication skills.
v Prefer experience in hotel sales or related industry.
v Outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
1. Make personal visits, when necessary to target areas and call on Companies located in a specific market or area.
2. Respond to customer inquiries and requests for pricing.
3. Prospect for new Transient and Group business.
4. Participate in transient, group and catering lead referral.
5. Dedicate majority of time to sales and client entertainment with Corporate Travel Managers, Travel Agents, Corporate Meeting Planners and 3rd party referral/site selection organizations like HelmsBriscoe and other intermediaries.
6. Conduct research on client room nights/revenue performance, prepare account performance reports quarterly and annually, conduct semi-annual review meetings with account representatives.
7. Develop and implement specific account tactical marketing plans for appropriate accounts. Monitor production compliance.
8. Rework and maintain old account files and solicit new accounts.
9. Maintain regular communication with all special corporate/preferred corporate accounts, and Corporate Group clients and send semi-annual production reports to all transient clients. Communication to be properly defined may include newsletters, client receptions/recognition functions, etc.
10. Assist in updating database, if applicable. Coordinate local transient sales initiatives and activities with AJ/Graduate and BHI GSO Sales teams for national and regional transient accounts, if applicable.
11. Set and negotiate, with direction from DOSM, all rates for special corporate/preferred corporate or volume accounts locally and brand (if applicable) volume negotiated accounts. Complete all portions of Brand RFP (request for proposal) process and local account RFP process.
12. Understand Transient and Group Sales strategies, strengths and weaknesses and transient and group promotional programs of competitors.
13. Monitor departmental implementation with all departments.
14. Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
15. Set-up site inspections and follow through.
16. Attend trade shows pertinent to assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through membership in associations (i.e., BABTA) to maintain high visibility and achieve sales and revenue goals.
17. Perform general office duties and assist other personnel, as required.
18. Develop new accounts by being inquisitive of accounts we have for "spin off".
19. Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations of changes, which would affect operations.
20. Maintain accurate account recap information.
1. Perform other related duties as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
2. Practice safety standards and report unsafe conditions to the Director of Sales & Marketing.