Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront is currently looking for an experienced hotel salesperson to join their Sales team as the Corporate Group Sales Manager! The Corporate Group Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting and servicing business in the hotel in accordance with the marketing plan and assigned market segments with a concentration on Corporate Groups. Generates a high profile and quality perception in the market place. Responsible for generating group guest room and other revenues as directed by the Director of Sales & Marketing. Also responsible for maximizing profitability and ensuring overall guest satisfaction.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines while maintaining the overall revenue goals
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client
- Compile lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories and other sources
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business
- Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions
- Determine the guest’s needs, space availability, and meeting details
- Make outside sales calls and telemarket to obtain business
- Utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business
- Maintain active liaison with competitors regionally through personal contacts, professional and industry associations
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services
- Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff
- Follow up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. with the Group Housing Coordinator to ensure maximum occupancy
- Generate “thank you” notes to clients after functions with prompt follow up of negative client feedback as necessary
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events
- Participate in the marketing plans, promotions and services
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed
- Understand and adhere to budgeted wage and hour limitations for associates
- Attend department meetings, interdepartmental meetings as needed, and all managers meetings
- Actively participate in hotel events and activities
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and completes other duties as directed or assigned
- Assist in the design of materials for promotions and public relations
- Assist in the preparation of the marketing plan and budget
- As needed, check banquet functions prior to guest arrival and make personal contact with client at the time of function with proper introduction of service staff who will handle the event
Knowledge of Delphi and MeetingBroker a plus.
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Bachelors or better in Business Management or related field.
Licenses & Certifications