Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to sales inquiries and contact potential clients to build and nurture lasting business relationships.
- Compile lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from Delphi, Knowland intel, business journals and networking events.
- Proactively solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business through phone solicitation/prospecting, outside sales calls, tradeshows, etc.
- Utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Maintain active liaison with competitors regionally through personal contacts, professional and industry associations.
- Ensure you have knowledge of the market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and strategically sell against our competition.
- Meet/exceed set booking goals for group and catering revenue.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services. Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. with the Convention Services Manager to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
Experienced and accomplished Corporate Group Sales Manager that can positively impact hotel revenues and meet goals by effectively solicits, qualifies, negotiates, and closes corporate group business.
Minimum of 5 years Corporate group experience.
Knowledge of Delphi and MeetingBroker a plus.
Licenses & Certifications