Corporate Director of Sales (Regional Position)
- an Innovator
- a Motivator
- a Leader
- a Team Player
Most of all,
- Be Baywood!
With our "It's My Pleasure!" philosophy we have become one of the Nation's fastest growing hotel development & management companies. Get to know us at www.baywoodhotels.com and see why we believe "It's Better at Baywood!"
Join us as the Corporate Director of Sales for our Maryland Region
Responsibilities will encompass: proactively soliciting accounts in all market segments as directed by the Regional Vice President of Sales and/or Regional Director of Operations. This position will require flexibility, cross-market selling to assist in achieving Baywood Hotels' goals.
- Direct all pre-sales & marketing responsibilities for new builds as directed by the Vice President of Sales and/or Regional Director of Operations
- Ensure successful openings; meeting budget expectation while building strong relations with franchise teams.
- Solicit past and new business to ensure all personal/hotel sales revenue goals are met.
- Direct oversight of the Sales professionals at property level of the assigned hotels.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of work experience in hotel sales.
- Responsible for execution of the Sales and Marketing plan, Budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, advertising, and marketing.
- Responsible for assisting sales staff in meeting budget expectations.
- Lead generation for all market segments from all feeder cities
- Effectively provide pre-sales & marketing principals for assigned hotels.
- Strong ability to react in troubleshooting solutions in meeting budget.
- Assisting in recruitment and hiring of sales staff, training, managing and coaching sales managers in their selling process in order to meet company goals and maximize hotel revenues.
- Must develop and build relationships with key clients in order to produce multi property revenue, to included room sales and food and beverage sales.
- Assist in the sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plans
- Develops hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall sales plan/strategies and programs.
- Promote a high quality company image by demonstrating professionalism with clients and colleagues.
- Identify and implement major feeder markets with action plans of travel required.
- Must have experience writing, directing and executing marketing and action plans annually and quarterly.
- Effective written correspondence, proposals, bids and follow-up must be demonstrated Creativity, enthusiasm, passion and drive are required to be successful in this position.
- Conduct outside sales calls to achieve goal number as established by V.P.
- Travel out of town to solicit business in feeder cities.
- Follow up with clients to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Know sales procedure system and keep informed of segmentation and rate programs.
- Follow sales department standard operational procedures
- Maintain accurate files as instructed by VP Sales
- Perform other duties as assigned by VP of Sales
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and able to train and monitor both the group and transient contractual agreement process, quoting rates, sending referrals, setting traces, and the management of retention, reactivation, and acquisition accounts.
- Ability to overcome objections
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong Computer knowledge
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Strong Reputation in the market
- Multiple Brand Experience (Hilton, Marriott, IHG & Choice)
- Sales Pro Experience a plus
Benefits : Health Insurance Options, PTO, Discount Hotel Accommodations