B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group
Corporate Director of Revenue and Channel Management
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
- Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
- A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
- Guests and team members receive all that they expect... plus a little bit more.
The Corporate Director of Revenue and Channel Management directs and executes the effort to generate incremental market share growth and enhanced profitability through aggressive, strategic, well-resourced and tactically engaged pricing and channel leadership. The effort melds expert above property resources with the General Managers and on-site revenue leaders to optimize financial performance. The effort utilizes our “One Team!” philosophy to effectively bring together insight, analytics and expertise with day to day knowledge and commitment for improved performance.
This leader works with the corporate team and field leadership to develop and implement strategies and tactics to gain growth in market share and financial results. The individual is responsible to supervise the field based revenue management staff in collaboration with property leadership and oversees the use of brand supplied revenue management support.
- Central Leadership and Support – The Director of Revenue and Channel Management is expert, focused strategically as well as tactically and is accountable for the overall effort with clear lines of authority and responsibility. Brand tools as well as B. F. Saul personnel are utilized. The effort is aligned with line management to maintain clear lines of direct authority.
- Aggressively and Consistently Engaged – Using a clustered approach, Revenue Management supports the pricing, availability and channel decisions that are made and executed on a live, consistent basis. Critical market insight and awareness is used to make timely decisions to optimize near and longer term revenues. The engagement involves the General Managers, Directors of Sales and respective Regional Directors.
- Alignment with the Sales and Interactive Revenue Efforts – The Revenue Management effort works with each hotel team and brand resources to optimize performance. The VP of Sales and Marketing works closely with the Director of RM to insure communication, collaboration and decision making is optimized. Bridging the clusters and using market knowledge, the RM team has the ability to bring across the portfolio strategies and tactics that will win. Revenue Management and Interactive Marketing personnel closely collaborate to insure effective distribution and positioning.
- Resourced with Appropriate B. F. Saul Resources and Brand Tools and Support. The RM team – approach is sized and resourced with the correct matrix of brand resources and company personnel to excel. This balance takes into account the relative strengths and commitments of the brands with the needed company personnel to execute the strategy. The investment is sized to the opportunity for performance which is fundamental and significant.
Performance in this role will be measured by the direct revenue impact of their activities and the growth and adoption of appropriate revenue and channel management strategies and actions throughout the organization. The effectiveness of the Corporate Director of Revenue and Channel Management will be measured by achievement in the following goals areas.
- Profit enhancing market Share growth in alignment with the annual business plan.
- Revenue segmentation in relation to budget and business plan objectives.
- Distribution cost savings through the use of channel optimization.
- Development, satisfaction and retention of members of the revenue management team.
- Support of the company mission and management style is paramount as is the direct relationship of trust and confidence among the other corporate team members.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish specific hotel revenue and channel management strategies in conjunction with the hotel’s business plan and budget.
- Monitor all distribution channels to ensure effective selling through inventory management, market mix and pricing. Communicate demand patterns to revenue team and assists with forecasting. Manage and maintain group and transient inventory controls.
- Collaborate with Interactive Marketing and property teams to insure content is effective and positioned properly in all distribution channels.
- Develop, monitor, and adjust sales and pricing strategies to maximize profitable market share.
- Implement Revenue Management procedures and best practices.
- Provide critical analysis of strategies, room's statistics and demand factors.
- Conduct competitive and demand analysis. Recommend and implement strategic and tactical decisions to effectively utilize competitive information.
- Optimize and expand distribution partnerships. Champion strategies that will effectively utilize third parties to expand distribution and increase market share in a profitable fashion.
- Maintain distribution channel data integrity throughout all booking channels. Actively audit distribution channels.
- Independently implements appropriate hotel inventory distribution strategy; maintains accurate rates and inventory allotments in the IDS/GDS/CRO and property PMS in a timely manner to promote rate parity throughout all booking channels.
- Manage distribution costs through active channel management.
- Monitor daily pick up analysis and make strategy adjustments when needed.
- Monitor market trends. Create and maintain 12 month rolling demand calendar
- Insure that all preferred, consortia and promotional rates are loaded in GDS and all appropriate distribution systems.
- Spearheads troubleshooting and resolution of any GDS rate loading issues as they occur.
- Analyzes independently and determines whether hotel is effectively marketing itself across electronic distribution channels.
- Ensure that all rooms statistics reports, including the Financial statement, and any other related reports are accurate and consistent
- Conduct weekly Revenue Management calls with individual property and brand personnel. Insure that optimum decisions are executed.
- Ensure all RM related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity.
- Prepare training materials, training schedules, and systems training for the team members.
- Interview, hire, train and evaluate Revenue Managements personnel. Resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend personnel actions when appropriate. Ensure the RM team is fully competent in the use of all systems.
- Actively participate in budgeting and business planning. Provide strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Generate and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly revenue management reports and present results from all segments including internet channels.
- Maintain historical statistical data from all distribution channels, in all market segments.
- Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in both availability and price
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS/ABILITIES):
- Sound ability and knowledge to develop strategic and tactical RM process.
- Strong analytical skills for fast and accurate data crunching. Ability to respond quickly.
- Well-developed interpersonal, adaptive influencing and supervisory management skills.
- Entrepreneurial profile that shows a dedication to teamwork and collaborative performance success.
- Strong business fundamentals to include experience with goal planning and accountability systems.
- High business ethics and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and corporate responsibility.
- 5 years of senior experience in Revenue and Channel Management.
- Multibrand experience strongly preferred.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES:
- Bachelors or advanced degree from an accredited university in hotel administration or business.
This position is based in Bethesda, MD with the expectation of an estimated 50% travel time within the D.C. metro area.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled