B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group
Corporate Director of Food & Beverage
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
401K, PTO, Voluntary Benefits
- Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
- A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
- Guests and team members receive all that they expect... plus a little bit more.
Champion the Food and Beverage and Catering and Event Servicing elements of the Hospitality Group’s Mission Statement. Focus is directed towards revenue generation, profitability, excellent product quality and service within the restaurants and particularly in Catering. The Corporate Director of Food and Beverage acts as a facilitator and catalyst taking a leadership role to challenge, motivate and hold accountable the entire Food and Beverage Management team. This Senior Management position requires diverse operational leadership, a strategic forward-leaning leader with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize, communicate and execute directives for Hospitality Group’s Food and Beverage Operations, Marketing and Catering Initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Quality – Guest Satisfaction
- Coach and develop team to deliver excellent client experiences for Catering Events at the hotels.
- Works closely with team and clients to ensure we receive timely and actionable feedback from Catering Events held at the hotels.
- Promote consistency in delivery of service during Catering Events.
- Focus on guest satisfaction and product quality in support of the Hospitality Group’s Mission Statement. Champion efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction and performance by raising operational effectiveness, standards and team member performance.
- Champion the capital improvement effort within Food and Beverage operations through working with the Capital Asset Manager. Ensure Company assets are properly maintained.
- Support and drive the development of property menus complete with standardized recipes, cost analysis and composites. Approve all menu items, presentation, pricing and production methods.
- Collaborate on efforts with the Manager of Procurement, Cost, and Project Management in all Food and Beverage related areas; ensure product quality, selection, pricing, ordering and use of agreed upon products throughout the portfolio.
- Oversee, maintain, and ensure compliance with the operations manual for Food and Beverage to include standard policies and procedures, F&B Cost Controls, training, operational controls, health department, sanitation, liquor control/laws, productivity and production.
- Interact with customers and take an active role in bringing groups back for repeat business opportunities
- Work with Catering Sales to drive budgeted revenue sales.
- Work with Catering Sales Leadership to leverage positive reputation to find new Catering Events.
- Maximum financial performance for the food and beverage departments of each Hospitality Group hotel to include revenue generation in outlets and catering as well as operating cost oversight.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Food and Beverage related elements of the Hospitality Group’s annual Business Plan and Budget to include but not limited to concept development, concept repositioning and branding efforts.
- In partnership with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, collaborate and drive the Catering Sales and Operational support efforts in the banqueting and event arena.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Interactive Marketing Department on the marketing and promotion of Food and Beverage throughout the hotel portfolio. Aggressively promote all food and beverage outlets and catering through appropriate in-house and external marketing and promotion channels, to include effective use of all social media and traditional media.
- Responsible for managing food costs, upholding menu standards and controlling inventory.
- Ability to create event-specific, customized menus for ant occasions and guest budget guidelines.
- Conduct competitive analysis every six months and gather data to ensure we are aligned with the F&B trends and market prices.
Team Member Development
- Assist with the effectiveness and stability of the field Food and Beverage Management, Culinary and Catering Event Services teams through recruitment support, selection, training and follow-up.
- Coordinate the development of training programs for Food and Beverage management and line staff in the restaurants and catering to include property based and governmental/health and safety programs; follow-through on implementation and continuous improvement.
- Conduct consistent and documented property inspections/reviews to gauge operational performance, cleanliness, and adherence to hotel, brand, local and national regulations and requirements.
- Serve as the Hospitality Group’s representative on Food and Beverage and Catering and Event Services matters with relevant franchise organizations, trade associations and within the local communities.
- Substantial and specific knowledge and experience in Catering and Event Servicing.
- Knowledge of appropriate computer based systems such as POS, PMS and Microsoft Office products required.
- Accounting control experience and proficiency required.
- F&B branding and/or repositioning; marketing and promotional experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication required; Organizational leadership skills a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Culinary Degree required; Hospitality program preferred. Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to work well under deadlines
- Ability to determine, define and maintain strategic differences between individual brands and brand initiatives within the portfolio.
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience as a Director of Food and Beverage or Director of Catering and Event Services and related leadership and F&B positions required; experience in property openings, multi-unit oversight and training and development preferred.
EDUCATION / LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree/Culinary Degree required; Hospitality program preferred
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled