Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Stanford Hotels Corporation is currently looking for a Corporate Director of Engineering to join their team and oversee the Engineering function of their properties throughout the U.S.! Stanford Hotels Corporation specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office and this position are both located in San Francisco, CA. Stanford Hotels currently has 14 properties throughout the U.S. comprising top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing the Engineering Departments at all Stanford properties, including both limited and full-service hotels
- Major positions/functions reporting to this position are: Chief Engineers at each property
- Guide, direct, and lead company engineering efforts, to include coaching employees to resolve and de-escalate conflicts
- Must stay current on all safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- See that OSHA and ADA guidelines and programs are properly implemented
- Monitor vendor national/regional contracts to assure quality, delivery, warranties, exchanges, upgrades, etc. are consistently met
- Create and implement company-wide preventive maintenance programs
- Must have at least 5-10 years' experience as a Chief Engineer of a Hotel or in a Corporate Engineering role for multiple properties or a combination of both
- Experience being responsible for at least 5 or more properties/regions preferred
- Strong technical skills in HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
- Familiar with chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatments, pneumatics, control systems, water systems, boilers, refrigeration, compressors, etc.
- Experience overseeing capital construction projects
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Instill a calm, organized approach in all situations
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Work with limited support
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Travel required at least 50% of the time; this position is estimated to be about 50-70% travel
- High School degree or equivalent
- Technical school or formal technical skills training
5-10 years: As a Chief Engineer of a hotel or in a Corporate Engineering role for multiple properties or a combination of both
1 year: Being responsible for at least 5 or more properties or regions
Licenses & Certifications