Corporate & Travel Industry Sales Manager
Langham Hotel Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
Purpose of the Job:
To support the hotel sales effort by securing and increasing the productivity of Business Travel accounts, under the direction of the Corporate and Travel Industry Sales Director and the Director of Sales.
- Responsible for soliciting, qualifying, and developing transient business travel accounts ranging in volume from 50-1000 room nights annually.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual room night and revenue goals as assigned by market.
- Grow existing relationships with assigned corporate accounts.
- Mandatory quarterly review meeting with all local volume agreements.
- Enforcement of commitments/agreements.
- Tracking monthly, quarterly, and annual volume for all owned accounts.
- Adherence to pricing policy and standards.
- Solicitation of account designated travel agents.
- Research and develop marketing opportunities within corporate accounts, for example corporate intranet programs and newsletters.
- Coordinate rate loading for owned accounts and monitor Langham GDS presence on all reservations systems for accuracy, ease of booking and maximum visibility.
- Timely execution of volume account contracts including any necessary negotiation to ensure participation of the Langham Hotel Boston in owned account travel programs.
- Responsible for developing effective networking relationships with local counterparts at competitive hotels.
- Develop and implement monthly, quarterly, and annual sales action plans. Sales actions include: telephone solicitation, personal sales calls outside and on-site at the Langham Hotel Boston including site inspections and entertaining clients at hotel outlets, sales trips, qualification, organization, and hosting of fam visits, Sales Blitz participation, and client events.
- Responsible for meeting all due dates as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Accountable for developing corporate and TMC relationships with the Global Sales team and GSA network, including timely response to all requests for information, e.g. account production, rate quotes, and service requests.
- Promote sister hotels and liaise via Pipeline.
- Participation in meetings including but not limited to weekly sales meeting, weekly yield meeting, and strategy meetings.
- Marketing projects including but not limited to organizing and participating in Sales Blitz projects, working with city and state tourism agencies, attending and participating in travel related association meetings and trade shows.
- Projects and reports as delegated by Management,participation in teamwork with other departments as required
- Communication and cooperation with operational departments to ensure the logistical feasibility of all client agreements, and to ensure that Langham standards of service are met.
- Proper usage/procedures of Delphi system.
- Participate in Sales Training and incorporate Langham standard of selling techniques into daily selling practices.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/GENERAL REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED PHYSICAL, MENTAL ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Delphi computer system - all accounts, bookings and correspondence is generated from the computer
- Working knowledge of WordPerfect 5.0 system.
- At least 2-3 years experience in luxury hotel sales
- Self Management: Communication and Leadership Skills: Problem Solving and Decision MakingPro-Active Behavior: Self-reliant, Influencing Skills: Flexibility
Use written (verbal/visual) sources of information, e.g. read reports, procedural documentation, and reference materials.
Use non-verbal/visual sources of information, e.g. reference graphs, tables.
Use verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. interviews, group meetings.
Use oral communication to perform work, e.g. answer telephone, and receive visitors.
Digital dexterity, e.g. using a computer keyboard.
Stand; sit; reach; grasp; lift/carry; walk; climb; knee; squat/bend; push/pull.
Make minor decisions requiring limited judgment, e.g. task sequencing, filing, and sorting mail.
Make general decisions in the absence of specific directions, e.g. prioritizing workload.
Perform activities requiring sustained concentration, e.g. designing, planning work.