A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
AC Hotel Tempe is looking for a culinary focused individual to join our team as a Cook.
Are you an individual who enjoys working at a continuous steady pace in a service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others is appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, AC Hotel Tempe has an opportunity for you!
A Cook prepares and seasons food items for consumption at AC Kitchen, AC Lounge, and AC Meetings.
- Reads menu and banquet event orders to estimate food requirements and gathers food from storage
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment including slicers and knives
- Follow all recipe cards and plating guides to ensure consistency, portions, presentation, temperature and quality of food production
- Operates Rationale oven and Turbo Chef oven to spec, based on food preparation for AC Kitchen breakfast, banquet event orders for groups and AC Lounge guest orders
- Observes and tests food being prepared and cooked. Uses thermometer to ensure food is cooked/maintained at proper temperature as needed
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- Proper storage of perishable products, labels, dates, FIFO
- Follows standard food handling, sanitation and health equipment guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety and sanitation standards
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pans according to hotel's standard of cleanliness
- Perform duties in accordance with AC Hotel Tempe standards
- Preparation of food may include soups, entrees, sauces, cutting meat and fish, and preparing daily specials for restaurant and banquets
- Equipment Knowledge- Maintain the care and cleanliness of all mechanical equipment
- Monitor equipment daily and report problems via work order system
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment
- Must know all applicable health standards
- Must be available to work primarily mornings/days, and flexible for evenings, weekends and holidays
- High attention to detail
The ideal candidate will have:
- One year prior food prep experience preferred
- Culinary degree or training desired
- Possess a good knowledge of food preparation, professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to effectively handle repetitive tasks
- Team oriented
- Ability to interact with all associates and guests of the hotel
- Must be able to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all standards
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand and occasionally required to sit, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
AC Hotel Tempe is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.