Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
What you will be doing
Westinoperational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
- TheCook III prepares salads, fruits, dressings, cold meats, fish items, canapes, cold hors d'oeuvres, and appetizers.
- Responsible for preparing quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling.
- Safely work withall kitchen equipment and followall safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Understand and ability to properly use seasoning.
- Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Ensures all food is prepared and presented in accordance with appropriate recipes, presentations and with guest orders.
- Complete other tasks, special projects as assigned by management.
- High school education,schooling in culinary arts or related major is a plus. Two or more years of related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Physical work is a primary part of job.
- Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Westin offers renewing benefits andcareer opportunities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-free WorkplaceEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.