Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Westin North Shore Hotel is seeking a Banquet Cook to join our culinary team in preparation of cold food items. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a professional culinary operation. With this experience, candidates should have a demonstrated ability to do quality prep work and have excellent food presentation abilities. Candidates with Banquet experience are preferred. Ability to work independently, a strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and adaptability in a professional kitchen setting is essential. Applicants must be flexible in availability to include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. Must have positive attitude and be adaptable to change. Must have Serv Safe/Food Handler's certification.What you will be doing
- Prepare and creatively present coldfood itemsin the Banquet Kitchen, such as cheese, fruit, cold soups, salads, meats, and cold appetizers.
- Knife skills are essential in chopping, dicing, and cutting
- Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Understand and ability to properly use seasonings for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Cook using a repertoire of cookingmethods including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking.
- Produce from scratch menu quality food in appropriate portion size, cut and quantity. Ensures all food is prepared and presented in accordance with appropriate recipes, presentations and with guest orders. Acknowledge any special requests and prepare the menu item accordingly.
- Safe use of supplies and equipment.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
- High school educationand schooling in culinary arts or related major is a plus.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a professional culinary operation.
- With this experience, candidates should have a demonstrated ability to do quality prep work and have excellent food presentation abilities.
- Candidates with Banquet experience are preferred.
- Serv Safe/Food Handler's certification required.
- Ability to work independently, a strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and adaptability in a professional kitchen setting is essential.
- Applicants must be flexible in availability to include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.Benefits
- Our full time associates have the option to participate in our benefit package which includes medical, dental, Life, 401k with match, vacation, PTO, dining and travel discounts.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled