Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for cooking, preparing, and garnishing meals for hotel events. With focus on quality and production levels, the Cook II will assist the culinary team with their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.Essential Functions
- Leads by example to prepare hot food and assists with cold station production as necessary
- Assists with plate up process and ensures quality
- Must be able to read recipes and follow measurement instructions accurately
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all team members
- Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- Maintain workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
- Apply basic knife skills required for preparation of hot and cold foods
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Two years of training or related experience required
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships