At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require typing, CRT, record keeping, or word processing. May have a need for good communication skills.
- This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of three years job-related experience
- Must be able to speak, read and write the primary language used in the workplace.
- Checks with Sous Chef for daily objectives.
- Sets up any a la carte stations required for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Ensures all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and presentations established by the chef.
- Cleans and organizes workstation. Maintains a clean and sanitary culinary environment in compliance with all local and federal health codes.
- Performs banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef.
- Ensures assigned workstation has a proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets.
- Completes the organization before the start of service.
- Responsible for all daily cleaning and maintenance of all work stations, refrigeration and other areas deemed by Sous Chefs and Executive Chef.
- Protect the assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
- Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
- Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
- Practice the principles of Be the Difference culture.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Benchmark a Global Hospitality Company.