At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Production and fabrication of food products daily for the Restaurants, Banquets and Employee Dining Room
· Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in the Kitchen prep areas.
· Communicating daily for job assignments.
· Assisting the Chef with Banquet and/or Conference dining dish out for food service.
· Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Resort
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent experience/training required
· Meet governmental health requirements.
· Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
· Ability to utilize cutting instruments.·
Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
· Excellent communication and guest relation skills, the ability to follow directions & work variable hours.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Crawling; Frequent Walking, Kneeling, Bending Over, Reaching, Pushing, Pulling, Balancing, Crouching, Lifting/Carrying up to 70lbs, Manual Dexterity, Fine Motor Skills, Gross Motor Skills, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, Color Recognition, Hearing. Constant Standing
Environmental Factors include
Working inside, alone, closely with others, excessive cold/heat, excessive humidity, noise/vibrations, above ground, with chemicals/detergents/cleaners, around machinery or moving equipment, around fumes and gas, uneven surfaces
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.