There's always a buzz of excitement in the air at Loews Hollywood Hotel. Located in the heart of Los Angeles’ entertainment and cultural center and towering above the famed intersection of the city’s most dynamic neighborhoods of Hollywood & Highland, you're never far from the sun, glamor and creative spirit this city is known for. Loews Hollywood is celebrating the re-launch of the hotel after a multi-million top-to-bottom renovation, which includes all 628 guest rooms and suites, lobby, updated meetings spaces, re-designed Preston’s restaurant and a new lobby bar, H2 Kitchen & Bar, brand-new fitness center, and Core Fusion Studio. The hotel is also known for grand events and one-of-a-kind experiences, and features thousands of square feet of flexible meetings space including the re-designed grand Hollywood Ballroom.
Assists Cook l with preparation of raw food items prior to cooking. Prepares food items to order, according to approved standardized recipes. Plates food for service, according to established plating/presentation criteria. Ensures that all food served is of the highest quality and that it is served to the guest in a timely manner.
- Post Secondary culinary training/certification as "Cook" from a recognized culinary training school +two years experience cooking in an upscale, high volume hotel or freestanding restaurant or equivalent
- Must be able to handle both the Pantry and the Hot Line
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Food Service Sanitation Standards
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of standard kitchen equipment and its use
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend; lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma Required
- Minimum of 3-4 year’s experience with a good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking and accepted standards of sanitation.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V