Cook II (part-time)
The Loews New Orleans Hotel and Café Adelaide is seeking Cook II to join our team. Café Adelaide, a Commander’s Palace Family of Restaurants, is located in The Loews New Orleans Hotel. The Loews New Orleans Hotel is a 4 Diamond, luxury 285 room hotel with over 17,000 square feet of meeting space located in the heart of the Central Business District. For more information about the Loews New Orleans Hotel, please visit www.LoewsHotels.com/NewOrleans.
- Prepares cold food items to order, according to approved standardized recipes.
- Plates food for service, according to established plating/presentation criteria.
- Preps raw food items ready for Cook l, to process and serve.
- Ensures that all food served is of the highest quality and that it is served to the guest in a timely manner
- Sets up and organizes work area with all necessary supplies and equipment
- Receives, inspects, rotates all food products to ensure that only fresh, high quality ingredients are used
- Prepares and stores raw food products prior to cooking and service
- Follows standardized recipes in the preparation and assembly of raw food items prior to cooking
- Adheres to established portion control guidelines, minimizes waste
- Prepares and plates cold foods according to established plating/presentation guidelines
- Monitors finished product waiting for server pick up to ensure food is served promptly, notifies supervisor of any delays in service
- Ensures that a quality product is prepared and served in a timely manner
- Follows all Governmental Food Sanitation Standards at all times
- Monitors refrigeration and holding temperatures, cleans and sanitizes work surfaces, washes hands frequently
- Uses knives, slicers, mixers, choppers, grinders and all other equipment in a safe manner according to the manufactures recommendations
- Notifies Supervisor of and equipment malfunction or safety hazard immediately
- Provides Steward with timely notification of need for clean dishes, pots, pans etc.
- Returns soiled pot, pans and cooking utensils to pot wash area, informs Steward of any HOT items
- Cleans and breaks down work area, returns all unused ingredients to proper storage at end of shift
- Ensures that all closing side work is complete, cooking equipment is turned off and kitchen is secure at end of shift
- Other duties as assigned
- Promotes and applies teamwork skill at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of all problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to all guests, management and fellow employees
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- High School Diploma, or its equivalent
- One year Pantry experience in upscale, high volume hotel or freestanding restaurant or Post Secondary culinary training/certification as "Cook" from a recognized culinary training school
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Food Service Sanitation Standards
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of standard kitchen equipment and its use
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend; lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V